Salvation is the surety that you are going to heaven when you die. You cannot buy it, nor can you earn salvation by your good deeds on earth. (Ephesians 2:8; 1 Timothy 1:9) It is given to us when we believe that Jesus Christ is God, and that He died and rose from the dead to save mankind (Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10).
Salvation is not just saying a prayer and then continuing your life as usual. It is about having change take place. Turning from how you use to do things to a way that is being led by the Holy Spirit whom God gave us when Jesus ascended into heaven after being raised from the dead. Sinners Prayer.
Pray this prayer:
Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, “Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10. says “If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
I do that now. I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. Please forgive me all the wrong things I have done in my life, and help me Holy Spirit to live a life that is pleasing to God.
Once you have decided to follow Jesus, there are things that can help you to learn more about God.
- Get a bible, Old Testament (about God before he sent Jesus to earth) and New Testament (Jesus comes to earth and after he ascended to heaven)
- Talk to God regularly, like a friend, with respect and awe because He is God, but He is also your Father, so tell him how you feel, what you need, and ask Him what he wants of you because God created you for a purpose, you were not an accident. The bible says that whatever the devil intends for evil, God will turn it around for good.
- The bible says it is good to get together with other believers. If you are in a country where there are churches, go to church, get to know the people there and make friends with them. Godly people encourage you, lift you up when you are down, and give good advice.
- If you are in a country where going to church is banned, ask God to bring you in touch with other Christians, there are always underground churches, if not get ready to start one, we will help you with teaching if we can converse via the web. Get to know the bible and get ready to share it with others, that God will use you to lead them to salvation.
- Be water baptized. Water Baptism is a public confession where you show others that you made Jesus Christ Lord, denouncing all other religions, and old lifestyles. Here you are submerged in water as a symbol of washing away the old nature and becoming new.
- Read the bible daily, memorize it,you cannot take for granted that the bible will always be openly available, and if you don’t know it, how will you use it when you have to. The bible is the weapon we use to be victorious. It is like a double edged sword in our hand, but if you don’t know it, then it is like being a war , in the front line of the army with not even a stone in your hand.
No matter how hard it may be to follow Jesus, DON’T GIVE UP. Call on Jesus, He will hear you and give you the strength you need to endure. Remember life on earth is like the morning mist, it comes and goes quickly. You are living now, for what will be in eternity. TRUST GOD WITH EVERYTHING, NEVER GIVE UP!